Tuesday 11 May 2010

Hurray for Kids!

Can't quite keep up at the moment, but since I'm babysitting tonight and I've signed myself up for this and then I get a lovely post from Kate about this, all of a sudden it's kid's week around here, so I thought I'd better post something sharpish!
http://www.elsiemarley.com/kids-clothes-week-button.jpg
First of all, on the hunt for anything boy related, I came across this great blog by Elsie Marley. It's just a mass of great inspiration and I particulary liked this round up of boys stuff, which includes many of my favourites.
Red pants by Very Purple Person

Anyway, I'm attempting to join in with her 'kids clothes week challenge' which is basically to do an hour a day of sewing for your kids. So I began with printing off a pattern I bought ages ago from Etsy seller Dans La Lune for these great Bermuda Shorts.
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.139755006.jpg
I then spent well over an hour working out what I wanted to make them with and ended up going through our wardrobe of forgotten clothes including finding a bag of old maternity stuff.....plenty of excess fabric there! Lots of ideas later, I have a pile of things to make. I also bought this lovely fabric from Showpony, which I'm determined to do something with for Stanley, so that's in the pile too.
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.124185638.jpg
Today I started printing some Tees for boys, mainly with my boy in mind, but I printed a couple more for the shop....not sure if that counts, as no sewing was involved, but at least it's going in the right direction. So until I get my camera out and actually start sewing I've got nothing to show for it!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiJUkLWk5CDks3cVnAn2asbu6dTZbm35nsGraNQOrUkQCzn3w291dxrUEunQU-mCSs3L393gFWB0YfFpNa1tlh0rhVhVjO_FclGm_zfeg9NkzCStFC3XUncGPH0l6rUpR9aWvq0yiGP2HNr/s400/4595476964_da6e27a057.jpg
As for Moozles...thanks to Kate from Moozlehome and therikrakstudio, my Shapes and Things fabric is getting a nice feature here in all its MOOZLE glory..... it's a giveaway too!
This is all very timely as I'm off to Amsterdam this weekend with the boys to visit our Kate and the gang. Can't wait to catch up.
So if you want to own your very own HR MOOZLE in green, pop over to yet another lovely blog and find out how. You can also check out the Moozlehome playlist for some stomping tracks!

Plus a giveaway a day at The Rik Rak Studio's Kids Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin