Sunday 21 March 2010

Rachael Howard / Home

Rae and I go way way back to our RCA days and a short stint in India of working and traveling together. I've always loved her work and she was the one that got me filling sketch books on my journeys abroad and not being afraid of messing them up! Now living in West Kirby, I miss my big mate and all her kids, but we do get to spend a bit of quality time together now and then and I know she misses the London life a little too! Having said that, their home is really beginning to look like their own after much renovation work. It is, well, just huge and fab with a fairy tale park at the end of the road and the Marine Lake is just a few steps further. So it's not all bad getting away from London and we'll definitely be visiting again!
Here's just a few pics of her super white space and a bit beyond. Rae had an 'open house' exhibition not long ago, so all her work was still up to enjoy.......

Bobby Dazzlers on the bedroom doors. The mad raggy doll was a Broadway Market find



Teddies sent from London!
Stanley did a spot of picture taking too!
Paintings and work by others are dotted about the house too, love this one by Nicky Bone. Nice to see one of my old collages on the wall, we've done some great swaps over the years.New pencils for the boys!

Bye Bye Liverpool, see you soon!

Rachael's website is home to the Tie Collection and features some funny shots of family and friends. She's just set up an online shop here with more to come I'm sure. Love it all! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin